Warlock is a class in Dota Auto Chess.
Description[edit | edit source]
"Warlocks are cursed sorcerers who use demonic power to drain the life force from their enemies, restoring themselves to continue their cursed battle."
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Warlock class combo
- Siphon Soul
- Active when you have at least (N) different warlock pieces on board.
- (3) Warlocks: All allies have +15% lifesteal and spell lifesteal.
- (6) Warlocks: All allies have an additional +25% lifesteal and spell lifesteal.
List of Warlocks[edit | edit source]
Mechanic[edit | edit source]
This lifesteal is custom-made. This lifesteal trigger when a unit take damage and healing are given to the damage source. Heal amount is calculated base on damage taken amount after all damage manipulations and damage block.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This bonus can be considered as normal lifesteal (trigger on attack damage) + spell lifesteal (trigger on non-attack damage), with a difference: this lifesteal is calculated base on damage amount after all damage manipulations and damage block, while normal built-in lifesteal does not consider the custom-made damage block.
- Also, technically this lifesteal does not consist of 2 different types of lifesteal. It simply triggers on all kind of damage dealt, thus ignore some exception from the base game where spell damage from certain ability is specified to ignore spell lifesteal; for example Luna's Moon Glaives, which will not trigger spell lifesteal but will trigger this custom-made lifesteal.
- This bonus stack additively.
- 3 Warlocks have 15% lifesteal.
- 6 Warlocks have 40% lifesteal.
- The warlock class has two out of seven legendary chess pieces.
- It is hard to get their final class bonus, it requires only 6 of the available 7 warlocks in the game but two of them are legendary ($5).
Species[edit | edit source]
There are 7 warlocks in the game, from the following species:
Strategy[edit | edit source]
General strategy[edit | edit source]
Warlocks are almost always picked for the Warlock(3) bonus and not for the Warlock(6) bonus.
Combination strategy[edit | edit source]
Warlocks bonuses increase the lifesteal dealt by any unit, not just warlocks. Therefore, units with lots of physical damage can be very effective when paired together with warlocks. For example:
The following bonuses effectively increase the lifesteal of their respective class or specie.
The following bonuses effectively increase the lifesteal of all your units.