Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Gold (displayed as $ in the interface) is the main resource in game, automatically given at the end of each round along with experience. Your courier's Mana is always equal to your Gold amount.
Spending[edit | edit source]
There are 3 ways to spend gold:
- Buy Chess Pieces (Cost 1-5) from the menu after each round. The menu can be opened/closed at any time with Spacebar, or by clicking the "chess pieces" icon in the top-left . The menu will automatically re-roll after every round, unless you press the Lock icon in the bottom-left corner of the Buy Chess Pieces menu.
- Manually Re-roll (Cost 2) the Buy Chess Pieces menu with your courier's 4th ability, or by clicking the re-roll icon in the Buy Chess Pieces menu.
- Gain Experience (Cost 5) with your courier's 5th ability. Your courier's Level (shown in bottom left of the unit portrait) is always equal to the max # of pieces you can have on the field. Additionally, your level affects your odds of getting higher-cost Chess Pieces every time it re-rolls.
Earning[edit | edit source]
- at the end of each round you get some base gold 1-4 for the first 4 round and 5 gold for every round after that.
- winning a fight with a player gives you 1 extra gold
- win/loss streaks can give you extra 1-3 gold
- for every 10 gold at the end of the turn you get 1 extra gold, capped to 5 at 50 gold.
- selling chess pieces refunds their current level as gold.
Winstreaks and Losestreaks[edit | edit source]
After winning 3 non-creep rounds in a row, your start earns +1 additional gold at the end of the turn. Keeping the win streak can get you up to +3 gold. Creep rounds do not affect your win/loss streaks.
Same applies for loss streaks.
Refunds[edit | edit source]
Every unit can be sold for X gold where X is the Unit Level.
Interest[edit | edit source]
- Interest accumulates at a 10% rate every round. If you have 50 gold banked, you will receive 5 gold per turn, which can build up to a tremendous economy in mid-game (early game you need to invest to field chess pieces).
Cap[edit | edit source]
Gold is capped to 100.
Strategies[edit | edit source]