As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Assassin is a class in Dota Auto Chess.
Description[edit | edit source]
"Assassins are skilled executioners that leap into enemy backlines. Together, they gain a keen eye for weaknesses in enemy armor, gaining the ability to deliver devastating critical hits."
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Assassin class combo
- Coup de Grace
- Active when you have at least (N) different assassin pieces on board.
- (3) Assassins: All friendly assassins have 15% chance to critical hit for 350% damage.
- (6) Assassins: All friendly assassins have 15% chance to critical hit for 450% damage.
List of Assassins[edit | edit source]
*Currently removed from the pool as of patch 3/29/19, being adjusted.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Assassin is a class with high damage output. Their bonuses stack diminishingly.
Different sources of critical strikes proc independent of each other, when two or more different sources of critical strikes proc together the one with highest damage prevails. As result, the higher class bonuses reduces lower class bonuses chance to proc.
- 3 Assassins have 15% to deal 350%. 37.5% attack damage output increase.
- 6 Assassins have 15% to deal 450% and 12.75% to deal 350%. 84.375% attack damage output increase.
In additional to this bonus, assassins have unique movement pattern. Unlike other units, assassin jump are not straight line/diagonals and are not obstructed by other units. They usually jump to the farthest square from their current square that is within range of an enemy.
Species[edit | edit source]
There are 9 assassins in the game, from the following species:
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Starting strategy[edit | edit source]
Starting straight into assassins can be hard since their first class bonus is rather weak, instead you can start with a mix with another class. For example:
- Goblins into Assassins: You can get 2 Goblins/Mechs and Bounty Hunter for the Goblins(3)-Mechs(2) bonuses early. Later add more assassins together with Bounty Hunter. The Mechs can stay as front liners for the rest of the game, but you may want to replace them late game as they fall off without the Goblins(6)-Mech(4) bonuses.
- Druids into Assassins: You can get many level 2 Druids early game with the Druids(2) bonus. Later add assassins that combo with Beast and Elf. The Druids can stay as front liners for the rest of the game, as you can easily get many level 3 Druids with the Druids(4) bonus without compromising your assassins.
- Warriors into Assassins: You can get 2 Orcs/Warriors and another Warrior for the Orcs(2)-Warrior(3) bonuses early. You can get Slardar as third Warrior and add assassins that combo with Naga or get Tiny and add assassins that combo with Elemental or get Tusk or Lycan and add assassins that combo with Beast. Lycan wolfs are assassins as well, so they will benefit from the assassin bonuses (currently bugged, they don't get the bonuses). The Warriors can stay as front liners for the rest of the game, but you may want to replace them late game as they fall off without the Warrior(6) or Warrior(9) bonuses.